Beginning in 1943 as an extension campus of the College of St. Teresa (located in Winona, Minnesota), Lourdes Junior College was founded in 1958. Originally established to educate sisters of the Franciscan community, Lourdes College began to admit lay women in 1969 and lay men in 1975.
Lourdes received its certificate of authorization from the Ohio State Board of Education in January, 1958, and was accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools in 1964. It was independently incorporated as Lourdes College in 1973, and transitioned to Lourdes University on August 19, 2011.
View Our Timeline