Anjali D. Gray, Ph.D.
Chairperson of Biology & Health Sciences
Professor of Biology & Health Sciences
- Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.S., Panjab University
- B.S., Kurukshetra University
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular biology
- Cell biology
- General biology
- Presented a workshop titled, ”Meiosis and Recombination” at the NWO symposium on Science Mathematics & Technology teaching on November 6, 2010 at the Penta Career Center, Perrysburg, OH.
- Presented a workshop titled, ”Independent Assortment and Meiosis” at the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) meeting on October 28, 2010 in Kansas City, MO.
- Organized & participated in the 1st & 2nd annual DNA day events at Lourdes College in 2009, & 2010. Channel 13 ABC’s newsreel of the day links are at http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=6775318 and http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7412021.
- Presented a workshop titled, ”Random segregation and meiosis” at the NWO symposium on Science Mathematics & Technology teaching on November 7, 2009 at the Penta Career Center, Perrysburg, OH.
- Participated in a roundtable discussion at the 2009 Assessment Symposium titled, “Capstones: An adventure in assessment” on February 24, 2009 held at the Lourdes College, Sylvania, OH.
- Presented a workshop titled, ”Dashing DNA Jewelry” at the NWO symposium on Science Mathematics & Technology teaching on November 8, 2008 at the Owens Community College, Toledo, OH.
- Hong Yao, Anjali D. Gray, Donald L. Auger, and James A. Birchler (2013) PNAS 110 (7) 2665–2669 Genomic dosage effects on heterosis in triploid maize
- Auger, DA, Gray, AD, Ream, TS, Kato, A., Coe, EH, Birchler, JA. (2005) Non-additive gene expression in diploid and triploid hybrids of maize. Genetics. 169: 389–397
- Hobson, RJ, Geng, J, Gray, AD, Komuniecki, RW. (2003) SER-7b, a constitutively active Gas coupled 5-HT7-like receptor expressed in the Caenorhabditis elegans M4 pharyngeal motorneuron. J. Neurochem. 87: 22–29
Recent Awards and/or Recognitions
- Listed as a successful alumni (1 of 7) on the webpage of the Division of Biological Sciences of University of Missouri – Columbia. 2012
- Granted sabbatical leave for Spring (2012). 2011
- Received the Lourdes College Faculty excellence award. 2011
- Nominated for the Lourdes College faculty excellence award for 2007–2008 and 2009–2010.
- Received a competitive Small Grant from the Center of Teaching and Learning, Univ. of Toledo, in Fall 2004, for the purchase of audiovisual materials to be used in the classroom.
- Awarded University of Missouri Columbia, Molecular Biology Program Travel Award to attend an International Symposium on Heterosis, in August (17–22) 1997, CIMMYT, Mexico City, Mexico.
Service to Community
- Served as a panel member to discuss “Gender differences across cultures”, at Socrates Café, held at the Ebeid Center. (2009)
- Invited to give a talk on “Hinduism” by Father Joe Steinbauer, priest of Little Flower parish during the Soup & Bread Lenten series. (2009)
- Involved in various building projects for the Multifaith Council Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity since 2004. (2004–present)
- Created a ceramic bowl for the “Empty Bowls” project, Lourdes College. Proceeds to benefit the Agape kitchen. (2007)
Served As a Judge For the Following Science Symposia:
- Ohio Junior Science & Humanities Symposium – March 22–23, 2012
- Ohio Junior Science & Humanities Symposium – March 24–25, 2011
- Ohio Junior Science & Humanities Symposium, March 25–27, 2010
- St. Francis Academy Science Fair, Jan.27, 2011 & Jan. 28, 2010
- Presented a station at SFA’s first science night, November 17, 2009
- Tiffin Columbian High School, February 19, 2009
- Ohio Junior Science & Humanities Symposium, March 26, 2006