Ryan D. Butt, J.D.
Interim Dean and Assistant Professor of Business & Leadership
Director of Master of Business Administration Program
"Our ultimate objective in learning about anything is to try to create and develop a more just society." -- Yuri Kochiyama
- J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law
- M.S. in Administration, University of Notre Dame
- B.A., University of Notre Dame
Areas of Expertise
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Social Ventures
- Legal Environment of Business
- The Triple Bottom Line: An Indispensable Concept for MBA Candidates. International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education 2012 Annual Conference. Kansas City, Missouri. (April 19, 2012).
- 21st Century Internships: Unlocking Students’ Potential While Strengthening Businesses & Academics. Cooperative Education & Internship Association 2012 Annual Conference. Chicago, Illinois. (April 16, 2012).
- Effective Communication Strategies: Capturing Donors on a Shoestring Budget. Indiana Association of Public Education Foundations Annual 2011 Conference. Indianapolis, Indiana. (November 3, 2011).
- Business Internships Redesigned for the 21st Century: Unlocking Students’ Potential, Enhancing the Business Sector and Strengthening our Academics. Midwest Cooperative Education & Internship Association 2011 Conference. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. (October 25, 2011).
- Creating an MBA for the 21st Century. International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education 2011 Annual Conference. Las Vegas, Nevada. Co-Presenter with Dean Ludwig, PhD. (April 1, 2011).
- Board Membership: Preventing a Torturous Board Experience, Young Professionals Network of the St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce, Mishawaka, Indiana (5/26/10).
- Making a Living Making a Difference: Landing a Nonprofit Job or Internship, (Panelist) The Career Center at the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana (3/25/09).
- Strategic Planning Work Session; Indiana Careers Consortium, (Association of 11 Indiana Universities & Colleges Career Offices) South Bend, Indiana (6/12/08).
- Grant Writing for the WHOLE Organization; Nonprofit After Hours, South Bend, Indiana (11/8/07).
- Board Development: The Key to a Successful Not-For-Profit; Make a Difference Michiana Philanthropy Summit, South Bend, Indiana (4/30/07).
- Young Professionals: Critical to Good Board Governance; Young Professionals Network, St. Joseph County Indiana Chamber of Commerce, South Bend Indiana (4/26/07).
- Multiple Presentations and Panel Discussions relative to finding a career within the Nonprofit sector, sponsored by various departments at the University of Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s College (The Career Center, English, Political Science and Social Work) Notre Dame, Indiana (2002-2009).
- Cooperative Education & Internship Association
- Midwest Cooperative Education & Internship Association
- Ohio Cooperative Education Association
- Edward W. “Moose” Krause Chapter, National College Football Hall of Fame, Board Member
- Institute for the Study of Religion and Culture in Africa and the African Diaspora, University of Notre Dame, Affiliate