Honors Program First-Year Admissions Eligibility
Incoming freshmen are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Minimum composite scores of 24 ACT or 1100 SAT
- Recommended High School GPA of 3.5 or higher or demonstrated excellence
Prospective students must:
For best consideration, applications should be submitted for the Honors Program for Fall 2015 first-year admission by March 2, 2015.
Students typically apply during the spring semester. Select candidates are notified and become members of the Honors Program in the fall semester.
Honors Diploma General Requirements
The Honors Program will accept a maximum of 30 applicants annually from the freshman class who meet the admissions requirements.
Honors students will be required to complete:
- Honors Program Orientation
- 30 hours of Honors credit (as recommended by the National Collegiate Honors Council)
- One leadership and/or civic engagement experience per academic year
- A scholarly senior thesis under the direction of a full-time faculty member in the student's major area of study
The Honors Council will determine the specific policies and guidelines for these Honors diploma requirements.