Campus Ministry Tau Scholarships
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Scholarship Award: $2,000 per year
A Tau Scholar actively assists with planning and implementing Campus Ministry activities and engages other students in these activities. While applicants of all faith traditions are considered, Tau Scholars are expected to be comfortable with implementing programs and leading activities related to Lourdes University Campus Ministry. They are expected to exemplify Catholic and Franciscan values in their relationships with others.
- Applicant Qualifications
- New to Lourdes University
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 from high school or a transferring institution
- Expectations of Tau Scholars
Recipients work an average of 4-5 hours per week with Campus Ministry related activities. Participation may include:
Awardees are expected to attend an orientation session at the beginning of the first semester that the award is granted and to participate in periodic planning and education gatherings. Students will be provided with on-going training, mentoring and support to assist them in developing as leaders and as people of faith.
- Assisting with planning and hosting Campus Ministry prayer, fellowship and service activities
- Mentoring new students who express an interest in Campus Ministry related activities
- Assisting in providing a welcoming environment at the Campus Ministry House
A student may receive this award for a maximum of 8 semesters. To qualify for renewal, a student must:
A student who does not enroll in classes for more than 2 consecutive semesters (not including summers) will be asked to re-apply for renewal.
- Maintain a 2.7 cumulative grade point average
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Have no major infractions with respect to student policies
How to Apply
- A complete application includes:
- The Biographical Information Sheet (PDF).
- A 350-500 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Describe someone you admire and explain how they have had an impact on your life and personal choices.
- Describe your involvement in a faith community and why this involvement is important to you.
- Describe an outreach/service experience and explain how it has impacted you.
- A brief reference letter from a pastor, youth minister, other leader of a faith community, or a teacher that has had first-hand experience working with you outside the classroom. This should be sent directly by them to Sr. Barb Vano at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the postal service using the address below.
Applicants may be asked to schedule an interview with members of the selection committee in person or by phone.
Please send completed materials via email to Sister Barb Vano.
Those that wish to use the postal service can send completed materials to:
Campus Ministry Scholarship Selection Committee
6832 Convent Blvd
Sylvania, OH 43560
Attn: Sister Barbara Vano