"Through knowledge - the challenge to serve"
The purposes of the Phi Alpha Honor Society are to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers and invites into membership those who have attained excellence in scholarship and achievement in social work.
An undergraduate student is eligible for membership after achieving the following requirements:
- Received acceptance into the social work major
- Achieved sophomore status
- Completed 9 semester hours of required social work courses
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0 and
- Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in major courses
Jim Wares: firstname.lastname@example.org