Black Holes: The Other Side of Infinity
7:30 PM, May 13, 14, 20, 21
Cross a cosmic threshold into the bizarre realm of a black hole, a place so exotic that space and time are warped. Experience a thrilling ride past the horizon and into a black hole, simulated from scientific data and rich with stunning, colorful visualizations. Feel the pull of the supermassive black hole lurking in the heart of our Milky Way galaxy… it’s the closest you’ll ever get to experiencing the real thing!
Narrated by Academy-Award nominated actor Liam Neeson, this cutting-edge production features high-resolution visualizations of cosmic phenomena, working with data generated by supercomputer simulations, to bring the current science of black holes to the dome screen.
Come be dazzled with striking, immersive animations of the formation of the early universe, star birth and death, the collision of giant galaxies, and a simulated flight to a super-massive black hole lurking at the center of our own Milky Way Galaxy.
Face masks are encouraged. Reservations are strongly recommended. For more information or to purchase tickets contact Dr. Laura Megeath, Appold Planetarium Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-517-8897.
Enter your email address to receive updates from the Appold Planetarium
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.