Science Alliance for Valuing the Environment (SAVE)
Science Alliance for Valuing the Environment
An educational consortium for environmental sustainability.
The Science Alliance for Valuing the Environment, (S.A.V.E.) Inc. fosters a personal awareness and respect for the interrelatedness of ecology, spirituality, and sustainability. S.A.V.E. creates formal and informal life-long learning opportunities in collaboration with organizations at all levels-local, national, and global. S.A.V.E.’s activities are designed to empower individuals to values-based action for a just and sustainable world.
S.A.V.E. is a catalyst for individual and community action for sustainability.
Who are we?
S.A.V.E. was established in August, 1990 by a group of concerned citizens who wanted to make a difference and promote a love and appreciation for our natural world. It is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization. S.A.V.E. was recognized for its work by the National Environmental Awards Council, the Ohio House of Representatives, and the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development.
Lourdes Campus Location
St. Agnes Hall (SAH) Room 166.
S.A.V.E. Environmental Leadership Scholarship
Each year, S.A.V.E. awards two $500 scholarships to high seniors from Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan to assist with their college/university tuition, books, fees and or any other aspect of their education for their freshman year. For more information, visit www.sciencealliancesave.org/scholarships.html
Apply for the SAVE Scholarship
Learn more about S.A.V.E. and upcoming events
- Sponsors bi-monthly public lectures.
- Provides scholarships to underserved youth for Science Camps.
- Provides Special Environmental Awards at Northwest District Science Day.
- Presents Environmental Awards at the annual Awards Night.
- Eco-Educator (Elementary & Secondary)
- Eco-Friend of the Environment
- Eco-School (Elementary & Secondary)
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter.
- Presents at local conferences.
- Recycles used printer copier cartridges and cell phones.
- Collaborates with the Environmental Wellness Committee of the Sylvania Franciscan Village; the Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Committee of the Sisters of St. Francis; Lourdes University and other outreach programs.
- That all life is connected and when one segment or area is well, then that wellness affects all other forms of life;
- That we are spiritual beings whose existence is enhanced by beauty;
- That preservation of planet Earth is in our many hands, and that we are the caretakers of the gift of creation;
- That even though the pollution of our planet has spawned numerous environmental problems, it is not too late for individuals and groups to seek and apply the needed remedies;
- That when people with shared values set an agenda of action, link energies and plan strategies, disasters can be avoided, the beauty of nature can be preserved, and people can learn how to appreciate the beauty of planet Earth;
- That in order to preserve our planet Earth for future generations, educational programs must be provided to people of all ages so that the efforts to preserve the planet are successful.
ALL ARE WELCOME! PLEASE JOIN US! For further information, please contact the S.A.V.E office: 419-824-3691 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org For disability-related accommodations, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services at email@example.com or 419-824-3523.