The Advisor/Program Manager is part of the TRiO SSS Program team providing support services to ensure the academic success, retention, and graduation of students in the federally funded TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) program. The Advisor/Program Manager will advise SSS students, monitor student progress, coordinates services and activities associated with academic success and retention.
The position tracks program statistics, updates and maintains the program database and provides Administrative support to TRiO SSS program and directly supports the adjustment of student to the challenges of higher education. The candidate should have a genuine passion and understanding of the history and goals of the TRiO SSS program and be familiar with the characteristics of low-income and first generation college students and student with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide academic advisement and assist in the development of individualized academic success plans for students with clear pathway to graduation; monitor progress toward accomplishment of semester goals as stated in students’ individual academic plan; develop action plans, provide training and coaching in success strategies.
- Design and provide comprehensive presentations in technology and digital literacy, course selection, and contribute to instruction in the Summer Bridge.
- Communicate frequently with program participants through a variety of communication channels.
- Maintain respective forms and comprehensive student records, utilize university database management system, program database, produce reports, collect and interpret data to track eligibility and participant progress and persistence per grant requirements.
- Performs administrative duties including: meeting minutes, property inventory, ordering office supplies, preparation of correspondence, preparation of public information materials, maintains budget records.
- Serves as an advocate for program participants with LU faculty, staff, and administration and a well-informed liaison and referral source for other campus programs and community resources that may be appropriate to program participants.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains resource lending program and TRiO Lab.
- Some travel is required. Advisor/Program Manager may accompany students to campus visits and cultural enrichment activities that may require overnight travel. Professional development may also necessitate travel that may include overnight.
- Performs other job related duties to ensure the success of the program and its participants as assigned by the Director.
- Background experience with learning support programs, student learning theory, tutoring and advising theory and practices, student success strategies.
- Demonstrate strong technology skills pertaining to database management, data collection and tracking, form development, and standard Office and Mac software.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to issues and needs of students from low-income, from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and from varying learning abilities.
- Ability to understand and interpret university and federal grant policies and regulations
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively, think creatively, and maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- One year experience with a TRiO Programs preferred. Preference is given to individuals who have succeeded in overcoming the circumstances like those of the target population.
Valid driver’s license required
The position is a full-time, 12 month position contingent upon receipt of continued federal funding of the TRiO SSS grant.
To apply, please click here.