Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Assistant Librarian. This a full-time position.
This position provides services and guidance to patrons seeking library resources. The incumbent is responsible for managing serial & catalog records and for complying with various library policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promote and integrate the Franciscan values of community, learning, reverence and service
· Assists patrons in utilizing databases, online catalog, and internet resources
· Guides patrons in requesting library materials unavailable locally
· Manages OhioLINK and ILL requests
· Updates physical and online serials collections
· Answers patron reference questions.
· Assists in the organization of sections of the library collection
· Repairs damaged books
· Helps manage collection archive
· Regulates circulation desk functions
· Library PR – organizes library special activities, announcements, and displays
· Oversees library social media presence
· Assists with AV-equipment on campus
· Collaborates with Lourdes Faculty/Staff by designing and instructing the Online Resources Workshops
· Basic copy-cataloging material records
· Assists Director in the training and hiring of student workers
· Engages actively with students, faculty, and staff in the utilization of print and digital learning materials and provides solutions for faculty and students to incorporate these resources in their courses and research.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location