Director of Development
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University is seeking applications for the position of Director of Development. This is a full time, salaried exempt position.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Development is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects and donors, specifically gifts of $10,000 and above to support the mission of Lourdes University. They will collaborate with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA) and other development directors and managers to implement a short and long-term advancement plan. Specifically, this position will pay special attention to developing and growing the University’s corporate giving pipeline.
- Responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and/or stewarding a portfolio of 100 – 150 prospects, developing the goals, strategies, and tasks associated with closing gifts of $10,000 + for Lourdes University; This portfolio may be a mix of both individuals and corporations
- In coordination with other Advancement partners, develops written proposals, gift agreements and other appropriate correspondence necessary to close and document new gifts and commitments
- Works as a collaborative and creative partner with leaders across campus such as College Deans, University Administrations, VP of Athletics, etc to identify fundraising initiatives and dynamic donor experiences
- Actively participate in campus life, including attendance at key events such as Homecoming, athletic competitions, student performances, gift announcements, and groundbreaking and dedications. Host donors and prospects at events that advance stewardship and cultivate for future philanthropic support.
- Meet annual visit goals through personal travel/interaction, virtual meetings, or substantive phone calls. Meet annual solicitation and attainment goals as developed in consultation with VPIA and advancement colleagues.
- Travel as necessary locally, regionally, and nationally to manage portfolio of prospects effectively and to assist with managing events.
- Performs special assignments as assigned by the VPIA
- Work weekend and evening hours as required to support advancement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising.
- Proven record of accomplishment of fundraising success, particularly by securing major gifts, successfully managing campaigns, and engaging a community of motivated supporters. Capital campaign experience preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills; writing sample will be required.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, philanthropy trends, tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with absolute discretion and a high degree of integrity.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the University’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Lourdes University currently has COVID-19 protocols in place. Employees have the option to be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing
- What is your salary expectation?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Fundraising/donor relations: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location