This position is an integral member of the finance department and will work closely with various departments at Lourdes University. Primary responsibilities are managing fund accounting (restricted and unrestricted), preparation of financial statements, assist in financial analysis and assisting with the month end close process. Additionally, responsibilities include assisting with the annual audit and performing general ledger reconciliations. This position provides backup support for various job duties in the finance department, such as cash management and payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns the grant management financial process.
- Performs analysis (profitability, ROI, etc.) for various University functions/departments.
- Key driver of departmental process improvements, geared towards accuracy and efficiency.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Ancillary support and processing of P2P and Payroll.
- Interacts with external auditors.
- Establishes and enforces internal control procedures.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly produces and distributes reports of grant activity to Director of Finance.
- Assists with preparation the monthly budget reports for various departments.
- Records journal entries and ensure the accuracy of information through monthly analysis and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet account and variance research.
- Perform other various University accounting functions as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, project-based priorities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Prior Financial Analyst experience preferred.
- Experience with general ledger reconciliations.
- Experience with various accounting software packages, database/spreadsheets and MS Office applications.
To apply, please click here.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.