Work Based Experience Coordinator
WORK BASED EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR Full-Time (32 hrs)
EXPERIENCE OVERVIEW: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies.
Lourdes University seeks a Work Based Experience Coordinator. Working closely with Career Services staff and faculty, recruits new businesses and organizations to provide quality work based and service opportunities for students. This position will coordinate internships, job shadowing, service learning, and other work-based learning experiences. They will disseminate the information on work-based experience opportunities to faculty and students and help match students to available opportunities.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
This is a 3/4-time (.75 FTE), salaried exempt position, and will continue for the duration of the grant (five years). This is considered a permanent position and Lourdes University will assume responsibility post grant.
- Expand work-based learning experiences and opportunities within academic departments through assessment of students’ career interests and needs.
- Coordinate a case load of students to provide career assessment guidance
- Develop, track and update partnerships with business, industry, and community organizations to increase the number of available work-based opportunities for students.
- Collaborates with faculty members to expand opportunities for students as well as focus on current Ohio in-demand occupations as determined by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
- Market the work-based learning opportunities to faculty and students to make sure they are aware of the opportunities available and help match students to positions.
- Assess and evaluate student career readiness core competencies through developing shadowing, site visits, and internship opportunities.
- Help coordinate, promote and attend special events, including but not limited to: Career EXPOs, Internship events, Career Services Workshops, Networking events, etc.
- Ensure that the pages of the website and associated forms are up to date, including career services events.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree with two to three years of experience; business development or recruitment experience preferred; experience working with diverse, traditional, and non-traditional students. Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience with a content management system and Handshake are preferred
- Teaching/Training Experience
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Strong customer service/sales background and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines in a shifting operational environment