Campus Ministry Tau Scholarships
Deadline: Rolling – Accepted students will be notified in the Spring
Scholarship Award: $2,000 per year
What is a Tau Scholar?
Tau Scholars are part of the Lourdes University Campus Ministry Team. Our Tau scholars
- grow in their faith and in their relationship with God;
- develop leadership skills;
- expand their organizing and planning skills by preparing and leading others in prayer experiences, Bible studies, retreats and a variety of fellowship activities;
- help to plan and participate in outreach projects and mission trips;
- encourage other students take part in Campus Ministry events;
- become part of a great team that provides support and encouragement throughout the college experience.
A Tau Scholar actively assists with planning and implementing Campus Ministry activities and engages other students in these activities. While applicants of all faith traditions are considered, Tau Scholars are expected to be comfortable with implementing programs and leading activities related to Lourdes University Campus Ministry. They are expected to exemplify Catholic and Franciscan values in their relationships with others.
What is expected of me?
- Tau scholars spend an average of 4-5 hours per week planning and being involved with Campus Ministry activities;
- Throughout your time at Lourdes, we ask that you participate in at least 1 mission trip and 1 retreat experience sponsored by Campus Ministry;
- You will have the chance to mentor new students and provide a welcoming environment to those who want to share in our campus ministry activities.
You won’t be doing this alone!
Tau scholars take part in an orientation session and participate in group planning and fellowship activities each semester.
Do I qualify?
If you meet the following criteria, you are eligible to apply. Are you
- New to Lourdes University?
- A student with a minimum GPA of 3.2 from high school or a transferring institution?
Is the scholarship renewable?
A student may receive this award for a maximum of 8 semesters. To qualify for renewal, a student must:
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Have no major infractions with respect to student policies
A student who does not enroll in classes for more than 2 consecutive semesters (not including summers) will be asked to re-apply for renewal.
How do I apply?
We consider applicants of all faith traditions. Tau scholars are expected to be comfortable with implementing the programs and activities related to Lourdes Campus Ministry, and are expected to exemplify Catholic and Franciscan values in their relationships with others.
A complete application includes:
- Completing the on-line form below or submitting a completed information sheet.
- A 350-500 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Describe someone you admire and explain how they have had an impact on your life and personal choices.
- Describe your involvement in a faith community and why this involvement is important to you.
- Describe an outreach/service experience and explain how it has impacted you.
- A brief reference letter from a pastor, youth minister, other leader of a faith community, principal or a teacher that has had first-hand experience working with you outside the classroom. This should be sent directly by them to Sr. Barbara Vano at firstname.lastname@example.org or should be mailed to the address below.
Applicants may be asked to schedule an interview with members of the selection committee in person or by phone.
Please send completed materials via email to Sister Barbara Vano, or use the form below.
Those that wish to use the postal service can send completed materials to:
Campus Ministry Scholarship Selection Committee
6832 Convent Blvd
Sylvania, OH 43560
Attn: Sister Barbara Vano