Benefits and Awards
The welfare of the Lourdes community is our highest priority. In an effort to protect our alumni and our students, we are limiting the use of the Ebeid Recreation Center and Ebeid Hall to current students only until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Lourdes University alumni automatically are admitted upon graduation. As a proud Gray Wolves alumni association member, you can take advantage of the following benefits and award opportunities.
Alumni Association Benefits
- Duns Scotus Library, Academic Success Center and Center for Professional Studies
- Faxes ($1 maximum of 10 pages, Library only)
- Free checking out of books and resources in the Center of Professional Studies and the Library
- Computer use when Academic Success Center, Center for Professional Studies and Library are not at capacity. Note: Alumni will need to present their alumni card to utilize these services. Order new alumni card with swipe access.
- Free admission (with card) to Lourdes University non-conference home athletic events
- Use of the Ebeid Student Center
- Use of the Ebeid Recreation Center (Must show alumni card AND photo ID)
- Free membership in Lifelong Learning
- 10% discount at the Lourdes Book Store (excluding textbooks)
- 15% discount on any room rental at the Franciscan Center
- Invitations to special events
- AtLourdes Alumni Magazine
- Alumni updates via the website and e-mail
- Alumni Association events
- Lourdes Alumni Graduate Degree Scholarship – Lourdes University undergraduate alumni can receive a $1,000 scholarship if enrolled in a Lourdes master’s degree program. An additional $500 is available through the Lourdes Launch program
Alumni Awards Program
2019 Alumna of the Year – Robin Sulier Charney ‘05
Robin Sulier Charney, began her college career at the age of 41 at Lourdes College, receiving her bachelor’s degree in Sociology in 2005. She earned her master’s degree in Criminal Justice in 2007 from the University of Toledo.
In 2009, she founded Toledo Help Portrait, a yearly program that utilized over 100 volunteers giving professional portraits to people in the community who normally would not be photographed.
She was a speaker at the inaugural 2012 Toledo TEDx event speaking on the Power of a Portrait and is the creator of the Juleeon Mural, which was recognized by the CNN 2013 mural project as a mural that brings hope and joy to a community.
Currently, Robin serves as the ProMedica Cancer Institute’s Community Liaison, a position that allows her to work on health equity and cancer prevention. She was the 2019 Recipient of the ProMedica Philanthropy Champion of the year.
With the support of the ProMedica Foundation, she founded the ProMedica, Men’s Health and Wellness Program at the Barbershop in 2017, a program that works directly in and with African American-owned Barbershops to increase health and wellness in the community.
She continues to find joy and meaning amid the joys and sorrows of everyday life.
Nominate Alumna or Alumnus of the Year
Each year, the Alumni Association presents the Alumna or Alumnus of the Year award. The criteria for Alumna or Alumnus of the Year is that the nominee demonstrates Lourdes’ values of learning, reverence and service and that they are giving of their time, talent and treasure to support the mission of Lourdes University.