Hit the Links
Every year in June, members of the Toledo community “hit the links” to support Lourdes University students. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and participants this year, we have raised over $17,000 in support of our Gray Wolves Athletics!
Our 2019 outing was held on Monday, June 3rd at Sylvania Country Club, the private home course of our Lourdes men’s and women’s golf teams. The outing teed-off at 12:00 PM and featured (18) holes of golf, raffle drawings, and an awards ceremony with hors d’oeuvres to recognize the top teams and contest winners of the day.
Congratulations to our 2019 contest winners:
Top Male Team:
- Tom Runnells, Doug Headman, Casey Nowicki, & Ryan Tomkinson (-12)
Top Female Team:
- JoAnn Gordon, Rachel Duff Anderson, Michelle Rable, & Jen Leis (-3)
Top Mixed Team:
- Dan Briones, Susan Virosteck, Brian Tippin, & Jeff Sloan (-10)
Closest to the Pin:
- Female (Hole #9): Monica Brelin (Sponsored by Travelers Insurance)
- Male (Hole #6): Jerry Fairchild (WTOL 11)
- Female (Hole #8): JoAnn Gordon (Lourdes University)
- Male (Hole #16): Kyle Tracy (Team Sports Inc.)
- Female (Hole #13): Monica Brelin (Sponsored by Travelers Insurance)
- Male (Hole #17): Ryan Tomkinson
Special thanks to our 2019 Hit the Links sponsors:
- Steel Dynamics, Inc.
Double Eagle Sponsors:
- Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
- GEM Energy
- Program Solutions Group
Hole N’One Sponsor:
- Vin Devers Autohaus of Sylvania
Beverage Cart Sponsor:
- Midland Title & Escrow
- Continental Secret Service Bureau, Inc.
- Directions Credit Union
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes NW Ohio
- Fr. Tony Gallagher
- IBEW Local 8
- JDRM Engineering, Inc.
- Jerl Machine, Inc.
- Overcashier & Horst Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
- Tolson Enterprises
- WTVG 13abc
- H.O.T. Printing & Graphics
- Kurt Nielsen Photography
Hit the Links is a wonderful opportunity for members of the community to support higher education as this event is truly a soaring success due to the generosity of our sponsors and participants. We look forward to seeing everyone next year fore Hit the Links 2020!
For questions or additional information, please contact Abbie Hall, Advancement Events Coordinator, at 419-824-3751 or email@example.com.