Mystery of the Christmas Star
Friday, Dec. 6, 20
Saturday, Dec. 7, 14, 21
Learn what the wise men saw in the sky that was so remarkable that they undertook a journey across the desert from Babylon to Bethlehem. What sign did they actually see that made them expect the birth of a king?
Journey back 2000 years to Bethlehem and discover a scientific explanation for the star the wise men followed to find the baby Jesus. The Appold Planetarium’s holiday show The Mystery of the Christmas Star investigates possible dates for the birth of Christ and looks at recorded sightings of significant astronomical events during the timeframe. This modern telling of the Christmas story is sure to charm and captivate audiences of all ages.
Reservations are strongly recommended.
Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for children (12 and under) as well as Lourdes students, staff, and faculty.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.