September 7 & 21, October 5 & 19, November 2 & 16
7:30 – 8:30 PM
How can you see infinity? Like stepping into a kaleidoscope, mind-bending fractal zooms will take your breath away in this immersive show. Combining a state-of-the-art projection system, original music, and powerful computer graphics, you will feel as though are traveling into another dimension. Presented by the Lourdes University Appold Planetarium, The Psychedelic Trip into Fractals is a journey into an infinitely complex and visual world created by powerful computers but intimately linked to the natural world around us.
As the Fractals zoom around the planetarium dome, audiences recognize common patterns found in nature such as shapes in trees, lightning, coastlines, seashells and more – all which can be found within these fractal zooms. Each fractal tells the story of the processes that created it — whether the erosion of a canyon, the evolution of a galaxy, or the computation of an equation.
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra are collaborating to bring music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can enjoy the sounds of the Toledo Symphony Orchestra! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the Universe.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.