Mystery of the Christmas Star
What did the wise men see in the sky that was remarkable enough to undertake a journey across the desert from Babylon to Bethlehem? What sign made them expect the birth of a king?
Journey back 2000 years to Bethlehem and discover a scientific explanation for the star the wise men followed to find the baby Jesus. The Appold Planetarium’s holiday show The Mystery of the Christmas Star investigates possible dates for the birth of Christ and looks at recorded sightings of significant astronomical events during the timeframe. This modern telling of the Christmas story is sure to charm and captivate audiences of all ages.
7:30 p.m. on these dates
December 1, 7, 8, 21, 22
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email email@example.com
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
The planetarium offers shows open to the public throughout the academic year on select Saturday nights.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra announce a new collaboration that brings music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can now enjoy the sounds of the symphony! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the solar system and view starfields, planets and other celestial phenomenon.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.