One of the most asked questions about the Universe is: “How big is it?” – and it’s one of the hardest to answer. With a quirky opening describing our intrigue and wonderment, our triumphs as explorers and the limitations of our present day technology, BIG tackles the question by taking the audience on an imaginary journey across the Solar System, through the Eagle Nebula, out of our galaxy and well beyond into the blackness of space.
Avoiding the clutches of a super-massive black hole 60 million light-years away from Earth, we are catapulted to our final destination and the question: “How big is the Universe we can see?” is finally answered, leaving the audience to puzzle further over how much more lies beyond that which we know.
BIG combines a light-hearted storytelling style with immersive 3D computer graphics, clay-animated characters and a surround-sound musical score to bring a really big subject down to Earth!
March 15, 16, 22, and 23 at 7:30 p.m.
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email email@example.com
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra are collaborating to bring music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can enjoy the sounds of the Toledo Symphony Orchestra! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the Universe.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.