Alumni Relations Officer
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Alumni Relations Officer.
The Alumni Relations Officer develops and leads the strategic execution of a comprehensive alumni engagement program to offer lifelong engagement opportunities for alumni who want to learn, lead, serve and give back to Lourdes University and their community. The officer manages a donor prospect portfolio of key alumni relationships and with Lourdes University staff cultivates and solicits support of a comprehensive campaign, harnessing the power of Lourdes University 8,000+ alumni network. The Alumni Relations Officer provides strategic leadership and direction to the Alumni Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Alumni Engagement Program Management (40%)
- Design and execute an integrated alumni strategic plan with metrics and benchmarks to gauge success, consistent with industry standards and reporting best practices
- Build strong ties among alumni and Lourdes University through a wide variety of programs, volunteer opportunities and communications.
- Manage and attend events, including alumni and volunteer recognition programs, receptions, reunions.
- Seek, develop, and enhance collaborative relationships and programs with Lourdes Departments, including Admissions, Athletics, Career Services, Communications, and all academic departments.
- Cultivate and leverage campus and community partnerships to increase opportunities for engagement among alumni, career services, faculty, staff and students.
- Foster and spearhead current alumni engagement programs and develop the next generation of services to support alumni in all life stages.
- Develop program(s) to educate current students about the value of being a Lourdes alumnus
- Lead alumni communications strategy in partnership with Director of Communications; expand digital, print and social media, and enhance alumni presence
Alumni and Volunteer Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship (50%)
- Partner with Director of Annual Giving to promote alumni engagement and philanthropy.
- Manage, inform and support the Lourdes Alumni Board.
- Manage a portfolio of key alumni donors and prospects.
- Execute an alumni awards program to recognize outstanding alumni achievement and engagement.
- Represent Lourdes University Alumni and Alumni Association both on and off campus.
- Sustain and grow attendance at and engagement through campus, regional and national alumni events and affinity groups.
Alumni Engagement Operations (10%)
- Manage alumni engagement budget.
- Research, implement and measure alumni industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years fundraising experience–being a Lourdes alumnus is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices in alumni engagement, board and volunteer cultivation and development, project implementation and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and fluency with Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint). Ability to learn new technology swiftly.
- Inspirational leader possessing the charisma, poise and judgment to serve as spokesperson, influencer and natural connector across diverse audiences.
- Innovative, tenacious, driven, and intellectually curious leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel and availability outside of normal business hours necessary to fulfill obligations of the position.
To apply, please click here.