Assistant Baseball Coach
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Assistant Baseball Coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assists in the ongoing teaching and instruction of student-athletes in the performance of their sport. This includes games, practices, individual and team workouts, and conditioning sessions.
- Knowledgeable and competent with NAIA, WHAC and any other governing body association for rules and regulations as it relates to the sport.
- Provides significant input to the head coach in determining which schools/showcases/recruiting events to visit, which student-athletes to recruit and scholarship dollars to offer.
- Assists in developing recruiting strategy
- Supports the academic development of the student-athlete by monitoring of academic courses, facilities tutors and oversees academic study sessions.
- Assists in ensuring the academic success of the student-athlete by reviewing bi-weekly progress reports submitted by faculty members and meets with at risk or other identified student athletes to review academic progress.
- Undergraduate degree
- College coaching and/or playing experience
- Integrity, leadership skills and the ability to motivate student athletes to be successful academically and athletically
To apply, please click here.