Assistant Sports Information Director
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Assistant Sports Information Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Responsible for social media engagement across various platforms.
- Handle graphic design duties throughout athletics.
- Oversee gameday press box management for various sports and athletic contests.
- Compile game day statistics for the NAIA and WHAC.
- Assist with writing press releases.
- Assist with website maintenance and development.
- Assist with photography and video needs of athletics.
- Remains accessible to the media, alumni, boosters and general public to publicize and promote the athletic department in a positive manner.
- Knowledgeable and competent with NAIA, WHAC and any other governing body association for rules and regulations as it relates to the sport.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- Assists with the well-being of student-athletes from a holistic approach
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of one year of undergraduate or postgraduate experience in a sports information/athletic communications office is required
- Knowledge of a variety of intercollegiate athletics
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Presto Stats/Stat Crew, and Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Video editing knowledge is a plus
- The job entails regular office hours during the week as well as night and weekend work
To apply, please click here.