Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Women’s Lacrosse Assistant Coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assists in the ongoing teaching and instruction of student-athletes in the performance of their sport. This includes games, practices, individual and team workouts, and conditioning sessions.
- Supports the mission and vision of the University and respects the University’s Franciscan values and tradition.
- Knowledgeable and competent with NAIA, WHAC and any other governing body association for rules and regulations as it relates to the sport.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to establish standards to identify and evaluate potential student-athletes whose athletic and academic abilities and character are compatible with Lourdes educational purpose.
- Provides significant input to the head coach in determining which schools/showcases/recruiting events to visit, which student-athletes to recruit and scholarship dollars to offer.
- Assists in developing recruiting strategy
- Assists in the academic development of the student-athlete by monitoring of academic courses, facilities tutors and oversees academic study sessions.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- Assists in ensuring the academic success of the student-athlete by reviewing bi-weekly progress reports submitted by faculty members and meets with at risk or other identified student athletes to review academic progress.
- Performs other duties assigned by the head coach and the Athletic Director
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- College coaching and/or playing experience and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate student athletes to be successful academically and athletically.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills including verbal and written.
- Integrity to ensure that all phases of the sports program are managed according to policy and procedures
To apply, please click here. EOE