Coordinator of the Nursing Learning Laboratory
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Coordinator of the Nursing Learning Laboratory.
The Coordinator of the Nursing Learning Laboratory is member of the Lourdes University College of Nursing faculty with all the rights and responsibilities of a faculty appointment. This is a 10 month appointment and carries a 6 credit hour teaching responsibility for the academic year. The Coordinator of the Nursing Learning Laboratory is responsible for maintaining efficient organization and operation of the nursing learning laboratory and its use by Graduate and Undergraduate Faculty, Adjuncts, Teaching Assistants.
In support of the nursing programs, the Coordinator of the Nursing Learning Lab & Simulation Center promotes and facilitates the development and implementation of teaching-learning activities utilizing low, medium, and high fidelity manikins ad other simulation technology.
- Prepares the schedule of laboratory classes in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Orientation of Laboratory Teaching Assistants.
- Assure the resources are available to guide graduate and undergraduate student practice of clinical nursing skills providing supportive and corrective feedback.
- Manages access for all nursing students to equipment and supplies for independent practice of clinical skills.
- Coordinates the nursing learning laboratory schedule for the Laboratory Teaching Assistants.
- Oversees room scheduling for all lab classes, practice, competencies, and simulation in conjunction with administrative assistant.
- Monitors the set-up of equipment and supplies for nursing learning lab classes and skills practice for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Manages inventory of lab equipment and supplies
- Assists with maintaining university, accreditation, and licensure standards associated with curricular changes related to the nursing learning laboratory experiences in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to the nursing learning laboratory; assuring policy and procedure compliance to ensure the safe and appropriate use of nursing learning laboratory equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Assists the Dean of the College of Nursing in the preparation of reports for external agencies as they relate to nursing learning laboratory experiences.
- Assists the Dean of the College of Nursing with the preparation and supervision of the College of Nursing budget as related to nursing learning laboratory functions.
- Collaborates with Clinical Director to assure nursing learning laboratory education components are adequately preparing Lourdes University nursing graduates.
- Collaborates with Clinical Director to explore and negotiate opportunities for simulation learning experiences.
- Develops simulation scenarios and skills competencies for graduate and undergraduate students in conjunction with course faculty.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- Unencumbered RN license to practice in Ohio.
- Simulation-based learning certification in simulation highly desired.
- Experience of at least five years in the practice of nursing as an RN, with some as a faculty member in a baccalaureate nursing program preferred.
- Current knowledge and experience in a nursing laboratory and clinical education.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here.