Coordinator of the Teachers of Color Program
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Coordinator of the Teachers of Color Program.
The Coordinator of the Teachers of Color Program works with the Education Division Chair, Lourdes University, in providing academic and administrative leadership to the Teachers of Color program. The Coordinator is responsible for the effective functioning of the program that includes maintaining compliance with policies and accreditation standards of the Education Program of Lourdes University. This position is an 11-month faculty appointment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and promotes the integration of the Lourdes University mission within the Teachers of Color program.
- Teaches a minimum of one Lourdes University education course each fall and spring semester.
- Maintains ongoing communication with faculty, staff, students, and administration and regularly attends the required division, college, and university meetings.
- Collaborates with community partner k-12 schools in consultation with the Education Division Chair at Lourdes University.
- Assures academic integrity of program: Collaborates with partner k-12 schools to build educational opportunities for k-12 students in education such as College Credit Plus, dual enrollment, in-services, and EdRising support.
- Supervises all instructors teaching College Credit Plus courses in education as partner schools to verify fidelity of teaching to standards of Lourdes University Education Program.
- Monitors students’ academic progress and compliance with assessment gates.
- Analyzes appropriate assessment data and other information (e.g. faculty course reports, students course evaluations) to enhance student success in courses and provides program assessment information and data to Lourdes University.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Teacher of Color Pipeline program:
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with students of color who are interested and/or participants in the program; Recruits, mentors, and advises all students in the program.
- Recruits, trains, and connects students to mentors from participating k-12 schools
- Organize tutoring support through Academic Success Center for all participants
- Maintains positive relationships with partner schools and seeks to build additional partnerships with k-12 schools
- Participates and supports fundraising efforts for program with Institutional Advancement
- Assesses the quality of the experience through collection of data and information.
- Keeps accurate records of all forms related to the field experience and mentoring.
- Organizes monthly meetings for participants in program
- Designs and implements a job interview for participants in the program with partner schools.
- Provides oversight and management of the program:
- Organizes scholarship application and distribution.
- Reports student progress and grades within Lourdes University system.
- Leads ongoing evaluation of program
- Master’s Degree in Education required. Terminal degree preferred.
- K-12 teaching experience required, higher education experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Lucas County schools.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills and strong work ethic.
- Computer competence in Lourdes University system of instruction, registration and data collection.
Position is contingent on funding
To apply, please click here. EOE