Dean of Nursing
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Dean of Nursing. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Reporting to the Provost, the successful candidate will work independently with nominal supervision, providing strategic leadership for curriculum oversight and evaluation; faculty recruitment, development, and evaluation; and student-centric support for the undergradaute and graduate nursing programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provide leadership and management to the nursing programs by:
- Ensuring the program maintains professional standards for licensure and accreditation;
- Preparing program reports, including reports for CCNE;
- Attending college, regional, and national meetings that are program-related;
- Developing and maintaining community and educational partnerships regionally and nationally;
- Participating in college, community and national activities to enhance the visibility of the programs;
- Providing operational and management oversight of faculty workload, adjunct/ part-time faculty, and budget.
- Recruit and maintain qualified faculty by:
- Mentoring faculty;
- Effectively monitoring and evaluating faculty performance and conduct annual review of program faculty and staff;
- Coordinating faculty workload;
- Conducting faculty/staff program meetings.
- Maintain optimum student standards for admission, progression, and retention by:
- Overseeing of facility agreements/contracts and documentation required for student clinical and practicum experiences;
- Providing an active role in student recruitment and retention;
- Providing strategic oversight of program marketing and student admissions.
- Performs other duties to support the University as assigned;
- Contributes to the ongoing culture of the College and University by supporting its mission and values; and work in collaboration with the other academic deans,
- Consistently works collaboratively with co-workers within the department and across the campus by maintaining a positive problem solving attitude, listening and respecting the competing demands of others and working toward the best solution for the College
- Oversees the enrollment goals for the College of Nursing.
- Excellent relationships building skills.
- Ensures an effective student-learning environment by developing and fostering a culture of effective and respectful relationships between students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- An understanding of the role of information technology, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality in educating the next generation of nurses.
- Ability to convey a collaborative, solutions-oriented style to help lead change.
- An ability to advocate effectively for the Nursing profession, and education, within the college and at the local, state, national and global levels.
- Strong grant, fiduciary and budget management skills.
- Initiate and implement curricular changes in collaboration with program directors, college leadership, deans’ council and faculty senate committees.
- Ensure quality of student advisement within the college of nursing.
- Experience in promoting/facilitating diversity and inclusion with faculty, staff and students.
- Future oriented views toward program development in the health sciences.
- Leadership, guidance, integrity, visionary, energetic,
- Creates and maintains the strategic plan for the college of nursing that aligns with the University strategic plan.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- An earned doctorate (PhD in Nurse Education preferred, EdD, DNP w/ MSN-Educator) from an accredited college/university;
- Eligible for an unencumbered license as an RN in Ohio;
- At least 5 years experience in an academic faculty position;
- Prior academic administration and curriculum development;
- Prior experience with accreditation;
- Online teaching experience;
- Ability to travel and availability for potential evening and weekends;
- Ability to use computer, including Microsoft Office Suite and learning management systems;
- Effective stress management and ability to maintain professionalism
To apply, please click here.