Dean of Social Sciences
Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University is seeking applications for the position of Dean of the College of Social Sciences. This is a full-time, 12-month position. Reporting to the Provost, the successful candidate, working independently with nominal supervision, is responsible for overseeing undergraduate and graduate curricula and academic policies; hiring, development and evaluation of faculty; and creating a student-centric learning environment for the undergraduate and graduate programs in the College. The Dean contributes to the ongoing culture of the College and University by supporting its mission and values; and works collaboratively with co-workers within the department and across the campus by maintaining a positive problem solving attitude, listening and respecting the competing demands of others and working toward the best solution for the College and University
Position responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Provide leadership and management to the social science programs by:
— Creating and maintaining a strategic plan for the college of social sciences that aligns with the University strategic plan and is future oriented;
— Ensuring the programs maintain professional standards for licensure and accreditation;
— Preparing all necessary program reports for accreditors, state boards and the University;
— Attending college, regional, and national meetings that are program-related to enhance the visibility of the programs and advocate effectively for the professions
— Developing and maintaining community and educational partnerships regionally and nationally;
— Providing operational and management oversight of faculty workload, adjunct/ part-time faculty, and budget.
- Ensuring quality student advisement within the college of social sciences.
- Promoting/facilitating diversity and inclusion with faculty, staff and students.
- Recruit and maintain qualified faculty by:
— Developing current position descriptions and charting workload coverage
— Mentoring faculty;
— Providing vision for education, including an understanding of the role of information technology, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality in educating the next generation of social science professionals
— Effectively evaluating faculty performance and conduct annual review of program faculty and staff;
— Conducting faculty/staff program meetings.
- Maintain optimum student standards for admission, progression, and retention within the university by:
— Providing an active role in student recruitment and retention;
— Working with marketing and enrollment, provides strategic input on program marketing and student admissions.
— Oversees the enrollment goals for the College of Social Sciences.
— Overseeing of facility agreements/contracts and documentation required for student experiences;
— Ensures an effective student-learning environment by developing and fostering a culture of effective and respectful relationships between students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- Performs other duties to support the University as assigned;
- Strong grant, fiduciary and budget management skills.
Required qualifications, skills and accomplishments:
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D., Ed.D., in discipline offered in the college preferred) from an accredited college/university;
- At least 5 years’ experience in an academic faculty position;
- Prior experience with accreditation;
- Online teaching experience;
- Technologically proficient
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- With an emphasis on professionalism, able to work with a wide range of people and manage an active work environment
- Tolerates work related stress effectively and maintains self-control/professionalism;
- Need excellent organization skills, the ability to deal with confidential data, and detailed oriented.
To apply, please click here. EOE