Faculty, College of Nursing – Curriculum
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
The Lourdes University College of Nursing invites applicants for the position of Faculty, College of Nursing – Asst./Assoc. Professor/Professor. This is a full-time, 9-month position to begin August 2021.
Faculty are responsible for selecting, planning, organizing, and implementing learning experiences in assigned courses which will assist students to meet course and program objectives.
This faculty position is expected to be a person with distinguished academic achievement and professional accomplishments. The College of Nursing is looking specifically for a faculty member with experience in guiding curricular revision and development. This faculty position will contribute to the development, evaluation, and revision of curricular materials utilizing the conceptual framework, the curriculum plan, and the mission and values of the University.
- Have a strong commitment to the academic values appropriate to the school’s mission;
- Have significant experience with nursing education accreditation processes;
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership style that motivates and empowers faculty.
- Completion of an approved professional nursing education program in a jurisdiction as defined by the Ohio Administrative Code for faculty teaching in a BSN program.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state of Ohio.
- Terminal Degree required, PhD or EdD. If the faculty member does not have a BSN, the master’s or other academic degree, including, but not limited to a PhD, shall be in nursing.
- Five years teaching experience in a baccalaureate program of nursing preferred.
- Two years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Certification desirable.
- Maintains current College of Nursing Health and Professional Requirements.
To apply, please click here.