Faculty Success Coach, College of Nursing
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Faculty Success Coach, Nursing Workforce Diversity, for the undergraduate nursing program. This is a full-time position with teaching responsibilities and a start date of August 2021.
Faculty Success Coach, Nursing Workforce Diversity will focus on integrating student success with educational goals, considering the social determinants and academic needs of the nursing students. The position will work in collaboration with the Admission’s Department to recruit diverse and underrepresented students from select high schools into the nursing program, and coordinate individual and group support services.
Success Coach, Nursing Workforce Diversity
- Recruitment of underrepresented students with high academic potential into the pre-nursing program in collaboration with the admissions department
- Serve as a mentor for pre-nursing and nursing major students
- Develop academic workshops for grant participants that focus on multidimensional factors of retention of diverse and underrepresented students.
- Selects, plans, organizes, and implements learning experiences in assigned courses which will assist students to meet course and program objectives.
- Collaborate with the Director of Clinical Education regarding clinical agency selection, scheduling, negotiation, and evaluation.
- Collaborates with personnel in clinical agencies used for clinical experiences as provided in contractual agreements with these agencies.
- Assist in planning and implementing staff development programs for health care staff at designated clinical sites as needed.
- A Master’s degree required
- Two years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Completion of an approved professional nursing education program in a jurisdiction as defined by the Ohio Administrative Code for faculty teaching in a BSN program.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state of Ohio.
- One-year teaching experience in a baccalaureate program of nursing preferred.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here.