Instructor : College of Nursing
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
The University invites applicants for the position of Instructor, College of Nursing. This is a full-time position to begin August 2021.
- Selects, plans, organizes, and implements learning experiences in assigned courses which will assist students to meet course and program objectives.
- Collaborate with the Director of Clinical Education regarding clinical agency selection, scheduling, negotiation and evaluation.
- Collaborates with personnel in clinical agencies used for clinical experiences as provided in contractual agreements with these agencies.
- Assist in planning and implementing staff development programs for health care staff at designated clinical sites as needed.
Nursing Faculty Organization
- Contributes to the development, evaluation, and revision of curricular materials utilizing the conceptual framework, the curriculum plan, and each faculty member’s specialization in nursing.
- Contributes to the development and revision of student policies in relation to admission, evaluation, progression, and graduation.
- Maintains competence in nursing area of specialization.
- Participates in opportunities to improve and update knowledge of teaching content and teaching skills.
- Maintains current knowledge of activities and issues related to nursing education and the profession.
- Participates in scholarly, grant and/or research activities within the University and/or community.
- A Master’s degree required
- Completion of an approved professional nursing education program in a jurisdiction as defined by the Ohio Administrative Code for faculty teaching in a BSN program.
- Current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state of Ohio.
- One-year teaching experience in a baccalaureate program of nursing preferred.
- Two years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
Lourdes University is developing a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in an inclusive environment where differences are valued and respected. Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. People of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, other minorities, and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here.