Track and Field Cross Country Graduate Assistant
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Track and Field/Cross Country Graduate Assistant.
The Graduate Assistant (Sprints/Middle Distance/Field Events) will work directly in the Track and Field office to assist with day-to-day coaching/teaching, academic support, social media and administrative procedures. This position will directly report to Head Track and Field/Cross Country Coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Assist the coaching staff to provide student-athletes with the necessary knowledge, skills and experiences required to be competitive at their chosen position or area
- Assist in the planning and implementation of practice techniques to improve student-athlete skills
- Assist the program in recruiting and maintaining a team size consistent with University and department goals.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit potential student athletes to their respective program/positions.
- Ensure ALL recruiting operations adhere to Lourdes University and NAIA policies.
- Assist with key administrative tasks, such as: team travel, budget management, equipment inventory, social media
- Implement and monitor strategies for student-athlete academic success
- Coordinate and monitor study table, study hours, and community service
- Admittance into a graduate program at Lourdes University.
- Two-year commitment as a Graduate Assistant preferred.
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
- Proficiency in coaching and skill analysis
- Self-motivated with strong communication and organizational skills
To apply, please click here.