Upward Bound Math and Science Tutors
The Lourdes University Upward Bound Program (UB) invites applicants for Math and Science after-school tutoring positions in its Academic Year Program. Tutors will be expected to work at one of two school sites, three days a week (Woodward- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and Waite-Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Anticipated hiring salary is $15-$18 (hourly).
- Facilitate active tutoring sessions which include, but are not limited to: asking questions, drawing diagrams, creating flash cards, developing outlines and encouraging reading.
- Help students with problems they are having in specified academic area(s).
- Grade and evaluate student work.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Experience in teaching and advising students from diverse, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please click here. EOE