Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit
Lourdes College of Business & Leadership hosts the annual Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit on Wednesday, October 13 at 12:00 PM. This years summit we host the president and CEO of the United Way of Greater Greensboro Michelle Gethers-Clark. Michelle has led the United Way of Greater Greensboro since 2013, has focused her efforts on creating partnerships to end poverty.
All proceeds raised will support the Lourdes Endowed Chair of Business and Finance, which helps provide a values-centered education to business majors. The Summit serves as a catalyst for our region’s businesses to engage and encourage leaders to accept the challenge of leading in a socially responsible manner.
For questions or additional information, please contact Matthew Snider, Corporate Giving Specialist, at 419-517-8436 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Keynote Speaker
Michelle Gethers-Clark is the president and CEO of the United Way of Greater Greensboro. Michelle has led the United Way of Greater Greensboro since 2013, has focused her efforts on creating partnerships to end poverty.
Michelle Gethers-Clark has a plethora of accomplishments.
- In 2012, Michelle published her book The Next Level: Breakthrough Performance Anchored by Faith.
- In 2017, the Triad Business Journal awarded her the title of Most Admired CEO.
- In 2019, Michelle was a speaker of a TED Talk on a path out of poverty.
- Michelle has been featured in multiple publications like Ebony, Black Enterprise, Working Mother and Biz Life magazine
About the Summit
Sponsored by the Endowed Chair of Business & Finance, the Leadership Summit honors the work of former Chairman and CEO of the Dana Corporation, Joseph M. Magliochetti. Today, the Summit is recognized as the Toledo region’s foremost event dedicated to realizing business as a noble profession. Previous events have featured CEOs and administrators from local, national and international businesses and organizations.
In his memory, the Magliochetti family established the $500,000 Lourdes University Endowed Chair of Business and Finance will be used to provide the following transformational opportunities:
- Appointment of a Professor of Finance with the highest level of credentials, experience, and proven track record for delivering outstanding instruction and who would provide faculty leadership in teaching and research related to finance and financial issues
- Creation of a new cutting-edge Finance major that would open new career opportunities for Lourdes’ business students
- A media display on campus noting real-time movements in the stock market
- Pursuit of corporate funding for trading room technology to provide students with the latest real-world learning experiences related to finance
- Creation of the annual Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit, inviting guest speakers on financial issues of interest to our students and the broader community
Place your spot today for this years Leadership Summit. Please fill out the information below to join us on Wednesday, October 13.
Past presenters have included:
- 2020: Pete Kadens – Northwest Ohio Community Change: Improving Our Region Requires Us to Improve the Condition of Our Youth
- 2019: Michael Gibbons and Prakash Karamchandani – Innovative Entrepreneurship
- 2018: Charles Stocking and Stephen Hirzel – Creating Your Legacy
- 2017: Dr. Carolyn Yauyan Woo and Jeffrey Potter – A Driving Force of Good
- 2016: Vicki Escarra and Haley Thomas – Creating the Culture
- 2015: Eric Savage, Robert Savage Jr., and James Wesner – In Contribution to the Common Good
- 2014: Vincent C. Byrd and Dean L. Spangler – The Role of Core Values
- 2013: Mike Anderson, Hal Reed, Debbie Sauder David, and Kevin Sauder – Vocation of the Business Leader: A Reflection