- Only currently enrolled Lourdes University students can check out laptops. Faculty, staff, and alumni are ineligible. Students will need their student ID to check out a laptop.
- Laptops can be checked out from the Academic Success Center, Library, Flasck Nursing Center or the Center for Nursing Scholarship. Please return the laptop to the same place it was checked out.
- Laptops are on a first come, first serve basis.
Laptop kits include:
- the laptop and mouse/charger (if requested)
- Flash drives, software, discs, headphones, etc. cannot be provided.
Laptops need to remain on the main campus. Please do not take laptops to the residence halls.
Laptop lending is a program to provide additional computer availability to Lourdes students. Please do not sit at a computer workstation while using a laptop.
- Laptops may be checked out for daily use. No Overnight loans are permitted.
- Laptops must be returned no later than 1 hour before closing regardless of check out time.
- Laptops are not able to be checked out 1 hour before closing.
Returning Late or Damaged Laptops:
In the unlikely event a laptop is damaged during use, the borrower will be responsible for replacement parts costs. The Lourdes University IT Department will have the authority in determining this charge and students will be notified.
Laptops that are not returned on the day they are checked out will accrue a fine of $100.
If the laptop is not returned within 48 hours of check out time, the laptop will be considered lost or stolen and the borrower will be responsible for the cost of replacement.
Late fines may be paid by cash or personal check at the time of check in.
- If a fine is not paid at check in, a hold will be placed on the student’s account until the fine is paid.
- Students will not be permitted to borrow a laptop until fines are paid. (Please note: library borrowing privileges will be suspended until all fines are paid, including the use of OhioLINK).
Laptops should always be attended and returned promptly.
Work should be saved on a flash drive, email, or other space. Documents on the laptop are erased at each shut down.
Borrowers are expected to follow the Technology Acceptable Use Policies.
Lourdes University reserves the right to decline usage to any student at any time.
Questions about the laptop lending policy can be directed to the Academic Success Center.