TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO is a federally funded program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education that identifies promising students and prepares them for college level work. TRiO specifically serves students who are first generation (you do not have a parent who has graduated with a four-year Bachelor’s degree), meet federal income guidelines, and/or have a documented disability. Studies suggest that students are more likely to achieve academic success when they are engaged in additional support services.
The program provides career exploration and readiness skills, financial literacy education and financial aid opportunities, intensive academic assistance such as tutoring, academic coaching, mentoring, and supplemental instruction, and provides the opportunity for cultural enrichment and social engagement.
BENEFITS OF BEING A TRIO MEMBER:
- Individual academic tutoring and academic coaching
- Professional coaching
- Academic advising
- Personal and career counseling
- Cultural enrichment and leadership opportunities
- Professional /educational workshops
- Graduate school workshops/ visits
- Priority registration for classes
- Financial aid counseling
- Financial literacy education
- Peer and professional mentoring
- Career development and readiness skills
- Lourdes community interaction and involvement opportunities
You are eligible for the TRiO program if one of the following apply:
- You meet federal financial guidelines
- Neither parents graduated with a four-year degree
- You have a documented disability
To join or learn more about the TRiO SSS Program, please visit the links below.