Mission Goals and Outcomes
The Lourdes University TRiO Student Support Services Program provides personalized attention to student’s development by taking a holistic approach to our services. We strive to meet the needs of our students by creating a supportive institutional climate that focused on student’s academic, cultural, and social needs.
Our program’s goal is to eliminate barriers to success by providing students with the necessary tool to unlock their full potential, thereby increasing college retention and graduation rates among participants in addition to:
- Helping members achieve academic success and successful completion of their postsecondary education.
- Assisting members in developing career readiness
- Promoting continued education at the graduate level.
- Increasing cultural awareness and enhanced appreciation for the arts.
- Encouraging attention to physical and emotional well-being.
- Instilling a sense of social and civic
- Recognizing individuals’ diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Improve financial and economic literacy.
- Collaborating with faculty and staff in order to create a supportive institutional climate
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR TRIO INCLUDE:
- Students will develop leadership skills
- Students will increase their self-confidence
- Students will increase their communication skills
For the past five years more than:
- 92% of TRiO SSS participants were in good academic standing
- 87% have persisted from fall to fall
- 46% have earned a Bachelor’s Degree within 6 years