Our goal is to make your academic experience one that is filled with new and diverse opportunities leading to positive growth and development. In addition, we provide the support and services that will help you to have a meaningful and successful year!
TRiO Member Checklist
We are happy you chose to join the TRiO family! Your acceptance is conditional on the completion of our Intake process which is specified in the following Checklist. In order to become an active TRiO member, it is important for you to complete the items on this checklist within the first four weeks of the new academic year, or upon notification of acceptance to the program.
- Meet with Teddi Moorman, Director to begin the Intake process and receive your TRiO Information Packet
- Complete the VARK (learning preference guide), the Technology Skills Assessment and Tutoring Contract with Eden Smith, Academic Skills Coordinator
- Compete the LASSI (Learning and Study Strategies Inventory) and the financial literacy program, CashCourse – both available online
- Meet with Kathy Daley, Personal and Career Counselor, to review your assessment results and develop your Individual Success Plan
- Freshman and Undecided students must complete appropriate career assessments with Kathy Daley
- If you have a documented disability, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend at least three (3) TRiO services, activities or events
Welcome to TRiO! Now that you have completed the Checklist you will be considered an active TRiO member once you have participated in a minimum of three (3) TRiO services, activities, or events within 2 weeks of your final meeting. In order to maintain your membership and ensure your academic success, you must participate in a minimum of six (6) services, events, or activities each semester. Program information will be available on your TRiO Services Canvas site.