- Students must show their valid student ID card in order to use the services provided in the Academic Success Center. The Academic Success Center reserves the right to refuse service to students without proper identification. Students are required to notify the staff of their intended Academic Success Center use upon logging into the Center.
- Lourdes alumni may use the Academic Success Center’s desktop computers, but other services (e.g., tutoring, workshops, and laptops) are not permitted.
- Any student discovered cheating on any test will have his or her Academic Success Center testing privileges revoked and will be reported to his or her instructor and to administration.
- To reduce invasion of viruses and to ensure network connections are not disrupted, students are prohibited from:
– Saving their work to any of the University drives.
– Loading their personal software on the University’s computers.
– Downloading toolbars, Internet games or programs onto Academic Success Center computers.
– Copying software belonging to the University.
To avoid abuse and in keeping with courtesy to other users of the Academic Success Center, “food” is defined as snacks, not a meal. Some foods are not appropriate for the Academic Success Center setting, including anything messy or aromatic. Users and guests of the Academic Success Center are expected to act responsibly when consuming food and drinks in the Academic Success Center.
- Snacks are permitted, but NOT meals or messy, aromatic foods
- Snacks are for individual, NOT group consumption
Acceptable foods include:
- Pre-packaged snack-size containers of chips, cookies, candy, and other snack foods
- Candy bar, granola bars, power bars, etc.
- Other non-messy, non-smelly individual snack foods
- Drinks with lids or caps
Non-acceptable foods include but are not limited to:
- Hot entrees, burgers, fries, pizza, sub sandwiches, tacos, and other hot, aromatic, or messy items
- Large size bags or packages of chips, crackers, cookies, donuts, salads, popcorn, etc.
- Open container drinks
When eating in the Academic Success Center, please:
- Keep it simple
- Keep it quiet
- Keep it “smell free”
- Keep it discreet
CELL PHONE USAGE
As a courtesy to other Academic Success Center patrons, please turn your cell phone to silent or vibrate, and take all calls outside of the Academic Success Center. Cell phones are not allowed in the Testing Room at any time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Group Study Rooms will be available on a week-by-week basis and reservations can be booked up to three hours. If your group has not occupied the room within 15 minutes of the scheduled time, your reservation will be cancelled. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Academic Success Center does allow students to bring children into the Academic Success Center; however, it is not a child care venue while students attend classes or tutoring sessions, take tests, etc. No children will be allowed in the Academic Success Center without direct parental supervision. If children are causing a disruption or destroying equipment, the Academic Success Center reserves the right to ban the children from the premises. Additionally, if children are using equipment or computers needed by students, then they will be asked to move.
If you are unable to attend an appointment, we ask that you cancel it 24 hours in advance, or as soon as possible. This is so we may let the tutors know ahead of time.
Please call 419-824-3748 to cancel as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
Tutoring services may not always be available for all courses, or at every hour the Academic Success Center is open, but every effort will be made to accommodate students’ needs.
Academic Success Center tutors will NOT assist students with ANY take home exams, with no exceptions.
Students who miss more than 3 tutoring sessions may be denied tutoring services for the remainder of the semester.
Tutoring will be discontinued if students fail to attend classes regularly.
The Academic Success Center does not provide tutoring to any students (Lourdes or otherwise) who are taking courses offered at other institutions of higher education. Tutors are required to ONLY tutor current Lourdes students enrolled in and actively taking Lourdes courses.
- Only currently enrolled Lourdes University students can check out laptops. Faculty, staff, and alumni are ineligible. Students will need their student ID to check out a laptop.
- Laptops can be checked out from the Academic Success Center, Library, Flasck Nursing Center, the Center for Nursing Scholarship, or Center for Professional Studies. Please return the laptop to the same place it was checked out.
- Laptops are on a first come, first serve basis.
Laptop kits include:
- the laptop and mouse (if requested)
- Flash drives, software, discs, headphones, etc. cannot be provided.
Laptops need to remain on the main campus. Please do not take laptops to the residence halls.
Laptop lending is a program to provide additional computer availability to Lourdes students. Please do not sit at a computer workstation while using a laptop.
- Laptops may be checked out for daily use. No Overnight loans are permitted.
- Laptops must be returned no later than 1 hour before closing regardless of check out time.
- Laptops are not able to be checked out 1 hour before closing.
Returning Late or Damaged Laptops:
In the unlikely event a laptop is damaged during use, the borrower will be responsible for replacement parts costs. The Lourdes University IT Department will have the authority in determining this charge and students will be notified.
Laptops that are not returned on the day they are checked out will accrue a fine of $100.
If the laptop is not returned within 48 hours of check out time, the laptop will be considered lost or stolen and the borrower will be responsible for the cost of replacement.
Late fines may be paid by cash or personal check at the time of check in.
- If a fine is not paid at check in, a hold will be placed on the student’s account until the fine is paid.
- Students will not be permitted to borrow a laptop until fines are paid. (Please note: library borrowing privileges will be suspended until all fines are paid, including the use of OhioLINK).
Laptops should always be attended and returned promptly.
Work should be saved on a flash drive, email, or other space. Documents on the laptop are erased at each shut down.
Borrowers are expected to follow the technology acceptable use policies in the Student Handbook.
Lourdes University reserves the right to decline usage to any student at any time.
Questions about the laptop lending policy can be directed to the Academic Success Center.