The Lourdes ARCHES program (Academic Readiness through Coaching Habits for Excellence and Success) will select up to 40 qualifying traditional-aged incoming freshmen to join the faculty and staff at Lourdes University three weeks prior to the first day of classes in August.
The ARCHES program is designed not only to provide additional academic support, but to help ease the transition for new students to all aspects of college life.
The ARCHES program is designed to assist promising, yet academically at risk, new traditional-aged incoming freshman students at Lourdes University. The goal is to maximize students’ opportunities for academic success through the development of the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed, so they are empowered to thrive, persist, and be successful.
- Priority registration with the faculty advisor and ARCHES Program director
- Placement in the ARCHES First Year Experience (FYE) course
- Opportunity to move in early, have time to get settled and acquainted with campus and meet fellow classmates
- Opportunity to test into college level reading, writing and math
- Additional opportunities for academic support provided throughout the academic year
- Provided with numerous strategies for success in classroom
- Opportunity to save both money and time