Lourdes University will be closed on April 18 - April 22 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Program Mission & Goals
The ARCHES program is designed to assist promising, yet academically at risk, new traditional-aged incoming freshman students at Lourdes University. The goal is to maximize students’ opportunities for academic success through the development of the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed, so they are empowered to thrive, persist, and be successful.
Philosophies and Goals
The ARCHES Program, through its curriculum and its learning beyond the classroom experiences, promotes the personal development of its students in an effort to assist in:
- Smoothly transitioning from high school to college
- Decreasing the time to degree completion
- Developing a familiarity with the resources available on campus
- Developing a greater self-awareness as student scholars
- Developing a greater intellectual independence and critical thinking skills
- Developing a realistic understanding of university-level course expectations
- Developing life skills and test-taking strategies
- Developing strategies and resources to balance school, work, and personal commitments
- Developing a greater understanding of inter-group relations