Lourdes University will be closed on April 18 - April 22 in observance of the Easter holiday.
The Lourdes TRiO program is committed to providing students with personal attention to their academic, cultural, and social needs.
Our program’s goals include:
- Helping members achieve academic success and college degrees.
- Assisting members in establishing career direction.
- Promoting continued education at the graduate level.
- Increasing cultural awareness and enhanced appreciation for the arts.
- Encouraging attention to physical well being.
- Instilling a sense of social responsibility.
- Recognizing individuals’ diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in order to create a strong network of support for our students.
- Encouraging involvement in community services.
According to the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education, The formal education of students consists of the curriculum and the co-curriculum, and must promote student learning and development that is purposeful and holistic. Each program in Student Life must provide evidence of its impact on the achievement of student learning and development outcomes. Relevant and desirable outcomes include: intellectual growth, effective communication, realistic self-appraisal, enhanced self-esteem, clarified values, career choices, leadership development, healthy behaviors, meaningful interpersonal relationships, independence, collaboration, social responsibility, satisfying and productive lifestyles, appreciation of diversity, spiritual awareness and achievement of personal and educational goals.
Learning Outcomes for TRiO include:
- Students will develop leadership skills
- Students will increase self-awareness
- Students will increase their communication skills
- Students will increase their knowledge of financial literacy