Summer Bridge Program
Welcome Lourdes University TRiO Leaders Summer Bridge Students
Building Your Foundation For Success
Summer Bridge will select incoming freshmen to join the TRiO SSS Program four days prior to New Student Orientation. Summer Bridge students will move on campus Sunday, August 13, 2017 from 10–11 a.m. and spend the following four days attending informational and academic workshops, participating in teamwork and leadership activities, exploring campus and local community resources, and engaging in social events.
Summer Bridge is designed to help ease the transition for new participants to all aspects of college life. To qualify for the Summer Bridge program you must first qualify and be accepted into TRiO SSS. The program is free of charge to accepted participants.
- Immerse students in the TRiO SSS program
- Assist students in making connections to additional supportive campus resources
- Help students better understand faculty expectations and university culture
Benefits to Participant
- Transition more smoothly to college life
- Understand the requirements and benefits of being a TRiO SSS participant
- Identify your learning style and strategies for how you learn best
- Learn essential study skills: test taking strategies, time management, and stress reduction
- Learn what instructors expect: classroom conduct, course syllabi, Sakai
- Understand college writing skills, including APA and MLA formatting styles
- Understand the Financial Aid process and concepts of Financial Literacy Education
- Become familiar with technology and computer resources: email, research databases, Web for Students
- Get to know TRiO staff and become familiar with University and community resources
- Connect to a peer mentor to help guide you through the program and college life
- Become eligible for the TRiO Federal Grant Aid Scholarship during the fall semester for students who receive the Pell Grant
Application & Deadline
The deadline to apply is July 10, 2017.