Art History Mission and Learning Outcomes
Mission: BA-Art History
To educate both majors and non-majors in the belief that the visual arts are intrinsically valuable to all learners, that they signify historical ideology and embody diverse individual and cultural expression. In addition, through the study of art history students will expand their knowledge of aesthetic appreciation and thought.
Department of Art Learning Outcomes
- Students can demonstrate understanding of and reverence for the aesthetic expressions of humans from different historical periods and cultures.
- Students have developed their technical skills, creative abilities, and knowledge of studio materials.
- Students can write papers demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual analysis, and effective writing skills.
- Students have developed knowledge or art as a profession. (BA-Art)
- Students have developed knowledge of art history as a profession (BA-Art History).