Department of Art Learning Outcomes
- Students can demonstrate understanding of and reverence for the aesthetic expressions of humans from different historical periods and cultures.
- Students have developed their technical skills, creative abilities, and knowledge of studio materials.
- Students can write papers demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual analysis, and effective writing skills.
- Students have developed knowledge or art as a profession. (BA-Art)
- Students have developed knowledge of art history as a profession (BA-Art History).
Department of Psychology Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge base of psychology
Students will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Characterize the nature of psychology as a scientific discipline.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding representing appropriate breadth and depth in selected content areas of psychology.
- Explain major perspectives of psychology (e.g. behavioral, biological, cognitive, evolutionary, humanistic, psychodynamic, and sociocultural).
- Research methods in psychology
Students will understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Explain different research methods and statistical analyses used by psychologists.
- Design and conduct basic studies to address psychological questions using appropriate research methods and statistical analyses.
- Follow the APA Code of Ethics in the treatment of human and nonhuman participants in the design, data collection, interpretation, and reporting of psychological research.
- Critical thinking and communication skills in psychology
- Use critical thinking effectively.
- Demonstrate effective writing skills and oral communication skills in various formats and for various purposes.