Pre-Art Therapy Learning Outcomes
Department of Art Learning Outcomes
- Students can demonstrate understanding of and reverence for the aesthetic expressions of humans from different historical periods and cultures.
- Students have developed their technical skills, creative abilities, and knowledge of studio materials.
- Students can write papers demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual analysis, and effective writing skills.
- Students have developed knowledge or art as a profession. (BA-Art)
- Students have developed knowledge of art history as a profession (BA-Art History).
Department of Psychology Learning Outcomes
Knowledge Base of Psychology
Students will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Characterize the nature of psychology as a scientific discipline.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding representing appropriate breadth and depth in selected content areas of psychology.
- Explain major perspectives of psychology (e.g. behavioral, biological, cognitive, evolutionary, humanistic, psychodynamic, and sociocultural).
Research Methods in Psychology
Students will understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Explain different research methods and statistical analyses used by psychologists.
- Design and conduct basic studies to address psychological questions using appropriate research methods and statistical analyses.
- Follow the APA Code of Ethics in the treatment of human and nonhuman participants in the design, data collection, interpretation, and reporting of psychological research.
Critical Thinking and Communication Skills in Psychology
- Use critical thinking effectively.
- Demonstrate effective writing skills and oral communication skills in various formats and for various purposes.