Mission and Learning Outcomes
To provide both majors and non-majors with the opportunity to be nurtured artistically and holistically in an atmosphere that serves as a stimulus in which hands on creativity, technical ability and critical thinking emerge and develop. Student learning is further enhanced through experiences involving service and volunteerism in the community that stimulates responsibility for others. Through Reverence, Service, Community and Learning we educate students for further study and careers in the arts.
Department of Art Learning Outcomes
- Students can demonstrate understanding of and reverence for the aesthetic expressions of humans from different historical periods and cultures.
- Students have developed their technical skills, creative abilities, and knowledge of studio materials.
- Students can write papers demonstrating critical thinking, intellectual analysis, and effective writing skills.
- Students have developed knowledge or art as a profession. (BA-Art)
- Students have developed knowledge of art history as a profession (BA-Art History).