Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Early Acceptance Program
Lourdes University and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Curriculum Partnership-
This program allows Lourdes biology majors to apply for the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Early Acceptance Program (EAP) in three graduate tracks: Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
The LECOM College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Pharmacy and School of Dental Medicine offer an Early Acceptance Program that allows qualified Lourdes students to hold a provisional reserved seat at one of LECOM’s professional schools upon successful completion of an interview. Students can then pursue successful completion of their required undergraduate coursework at Lourdes University.
Lourdes University offers the following program tracks:
Pharmacy 2+ / 3+ / 4+
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (international students may apply to Pharmacy)
- Must not hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have at least two years remaining as a full time student at Lourdes University
- SAT Score (Math and Verbal Reasoning) greater than or equal to 1170 on a single exam taken before 3/1/16, a SAT score of 1240 or higher on a single exam taken after 3/1/16 or an ACT Composite score greater than or equal to 26 on a single exam; and
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Students already attending Lourdes University must have a cumulative overall GPA of 3.4 or higher and a science GPA of 3.2 or higher
AP Credits may be used to fulfill the credit requirements if a score of 4 or 5 was achieved.
Students must also meet any additional requirements depending on the LECOM track chosen – Medical, Dental, or Pharmacy.
More detailed information on the programs and the criteria needed for acceptance can be found on LECOM’s website
Application to the LECOM EAP can occur as early as the senior year in high school and until the start of their third year at Lourdes University, depending upon the program and track desired. Students must be officially enrolled in the EAP for the two consecutive years prior to matriculation to LECOM.
- Complete the Lourdes University undergraduate application
- Complete the LECOM application
- Complete the LECOM Interview
Those interested in the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Early Acceptance Program, can contact Lourdes University or call 419-885-5291.
Learn more about the biology major and the College of Arts and Sciences.
Maranda Armstead, Honors Biology Class of 2019, is the first student to attend Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM). She was a recipient of LECOM’s Early Acceptance Program while at Lourdes.
Question? Contact Lourdes LECOM Partnership Representatives:
Special Programs Coordinator
Academic Partnership Coordinator