Joseph M. Magliochetti Endowed Chair of Business & Finance
Lourdes University’s College of Business & Leadership hosted the 7th annual Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit – Business as a Noble Profession: Innovative Entrepreneurship on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 11:30 AM at Sylvania Country Club. The Summit is an annual event that serves as a catalyst for our region’s businesses to engage and encourage leaders to accept the challenge of leading in a socially responsible manner. The Leadership Summit honors the work of a well-respected local leader and former Chairman and CEO of the Dana Corporation, Joseph M. Magliochetti. The Magliochetti family established the Endowed Chair of Business & Finance, which helps provide a values-centered education to Lourdes’ business majors.
Our 2019 honorary guest speakers:
Mr. Michael Gibbons, President & CEO of Mainstreet Ventures Inc.
Mr. Prakash Karamchandani, Co-Founder of Balance Pan-Asian Grille
About the Summit
The Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit honors the work of former CEO of the Dana Corporation. In 2010, his family established the summit as well as the Lourdes University Endowed Chair of Business and Finance in his memory. Today, the Leadership Summit is recognized as the Toledo region’s foremost event dedicated to realizing business as a noble profession. Previous events have featured CEOs and administrators from local, national and international businesses and organizations.
Named in honor of the late Joseph M. Magliochetti, former President and CEO of Dana Corporation, the $500,000 Endowed Chair of Business & Finance will be used to provide the following transformational opportunities:
- Appointment of a Professor of Finance with the highest level of credentials, experience, and proven track record for delivering outstanding instruction and who would provide faculty leadership in teaching and research related to finance and financial issues
- Creation of a new cutting-edge Finance major that would open new career opportunities for Lourdes’ business students
- A media display on campus noting real-time movements in the stock market
- Pursuit of corporate funding for trading room technology to provide students with the latest real-world learning experiences related to finance
- Creation of the annual Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit, inviting guest speakers on financial issues of interest to our students and the broader community
Past presenters have included:
- Charles Stocking and Stephen A. Hirzel – Creating Your Legacy
- Dr. Carolyn Woo and Jeffrey Potter – A Driving Force of Good
- Sarah J. Bates, Sarah Harrison and John F. Meier – Lessons Learned from the Great Recession
- Stephanie Cihon, Mark Makulinski and Mike Szuberla – Partnering for Better Communities: How Local Nonprofits and Corporations Work Together
- Mike Anderson, Hal Reed, Debbie Sauder David and Kevin Sauder – Vocation of the Business Leader: A Reflection
- Vincent C. Byrd and Dean L. Spangler – Basic Beliefs of Principled Businesses
- Eric Savage, Robert Savage Jr. and James Wesner – In Contribution to the Common Good
- Vicki Escarra and Haley Thomas – Creating the Culture