Pre-Dentistry Learning Outcomes
Department of Biology and Health Sciences Learning Outcomes
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of biological terms, principles, and concepts, utilizing appropriate depth and breadth in select content areas of biology.1. Demonstrate knowledge of the discipline of biology.
2. Demonstrate skills of a biologist.
- Design, conduct, and evaluate protocols, studies, and experiments utilizing the scientific method.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of biological instruments and technologies.
3. Apply effective critical thinking in biology.
- Interpret, analyze, and evaluate biological information.
- Apply biological concepts to social issues.
4. Demonstrate effective communication in biology.
- Demonstrate effective written, speaking, and listening skills in biology reports, essays, projects, posters, and presentations.