Digital and Media Studies (BA)
Complete real-world digital and media studies projects for companies and organizations. The Bachelor of Arts Digital & Media Studies program allows students to develop expertise in an area they are interested in while mastering technology skills.
The flexible curriculum is customized to each student’s interests. Throughout the program, DMS majors choose their specialization, take self-paced online coding paths and methods courses, complete an internship, gain hands-on real world experience, and prepare a professional portfolio that represents their work.
College & Covid the Struggle is Real
Dr. Shawna Rushford-Spence, Associate Professor of English, and students enrolled in ENG 351 Media Writing teamed up with WGTE Public Media to produce the docufilm College Covid the Struggle is Real. Students wrote stories and interviewed Lourdes University faculty and staff regarding the latest updates about COVID-19 from the CDC.
Digital And Media Studies Defined
As a DMS major, you will:
- study the relationship between technology and culture
- develop communication skills to mediate between technology experts and non-experts
- preserve and organize information in digital formats so information becomes useful knowledge, and
- analyze the world of text and image, past and present, with new digital methods and tools.
21st Century Job Opportunities
The Bachelor of Arts in Digital & Media Studies prepares graduates to pursue 21st century jobs
- web content developer
- digital media designer
- social media marketer
- technical writer
- SEO content specialist
- digital humanities faculty
- immersive technologies librarian
- digital assets librarian
- instructional designer
- digital archivist
Learn more about this collaboration with Lourdes DMS students and the Toledo Lucas County Public Library