Lourdes University will be closed on April 18 - April 22 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Attain the fundamental knowledge of environmental science and/or sustainability to understand the nature of these disciplines and the complex problems they investigate.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the terminology used in environmental science and/or sustainability.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, and theories of environmental science and/or sustainability.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the methods of research and/or scientific inquiry appropriate to environmental science and/or sustainability.
Attain the fundamental intellectual, professional, and practical skills and abilities needed in environmental science and/or sustainability.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills used in the professions.
- Analyze problems to identify the key facets, including causes, potential consequences, and stakeholders.
- Objectively and thoroughly analyze and/or evaluate data or information to assess a hypothesis, to propose options that address a problem, or to implement a solution to a problem.
Attain the fundamental interdisciplinary and integrative knowledge and skills needed in environmental science and/or sustainability.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the linkages between the natural sciences and other disciplines or knowledge areas regarding holistic or integrative problem solving.
- Understand how holistic or integrative approaches are designed and conducted for addressing contemporary problems.
- Incorporate or integrate concepts, theories, and/or methods from two or more disciplines to design a study, analyze data, and/or address a current interdisciplinary problem.