Program Learning Outcomes:
Graduates of the program will:
- Understand principles of biology, chemistry, and nutrition that underlie human movement and health (ULO I.C.)
- Demonstrate effective, ethically-grounded, and culturally-competent professional skills in exercise science and human performance (ULO IV.A., IV.B., V.B.)
- Advocate for individual health and a healthy society (ULO IV.D.)
- Critically evaluate research for evidence-based information (ULO II.A., II.B.)
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively within health and exercise settings (ULO II.E., II.F.)
The exercise science program gives students skills and knowledge they can apply to graduate training or certifications or for entry-level work in personal training, strength and conditioning, corporate fitness, wellness and health maintenance. Learning in the classroom and lab is supplemented with collaboration with professionals in the field through internship and practicum. Students gain an appreciation for the dynamics of the human body and the ability to motivate people to maintain a positive lifestyle.