History (BA, AA)
History is the story of humanity itself. It gives context to all human endeavors. It informs us about the past, gives meaning to the present, and points the way to the future.
With a Bachelor of Arts in History degree, you can pursue a career as an educator, researcher, editor, producer, information manager, lawyer, and a historian for public, not-for-profit, and government agencies. The Lourdes University Department of History, Political Science, and Geography faculty offer a curriculum that allows students to acquire a greater understanding of world cultures and human interaction while strengthening their critical thinking and communication skills and their global awareness. History graduates often pursue a Master of Arts and a Doctor of Philosophy in history.
Lourdes history graduates have secured employment in the areas of:
- Homeland Security
- Local historical agencies
- Business & marketing
- Customer service
- Secondary education
- Property management
- Database management
History Major Opportunities:
- Becoming a member of Phi Alpha Theta History Society.
- Completing an internship at a local historical agency or government office.
- Participating in co-curricular events such as the Distinguished Lecture series, History Game Night, and History Movie Night.
- Minoring in Political Science.
- Earning a concentration in Pre-Law.